This list has been festering in my brain for quite awhile and I think it's about time I wrote it down. While traversing through my day to day mundane life, I've noticed a few things that seem so trivial they really shouldn't matter, but at the end of the day, you add them up and realize they caused a bunch of unnecessary frustration. I'm fairly certain that if people would take the time to pay attention to the following list our lives would go much more smoothly. So without further ado....
THE LIST (a.k.a...I get annoyed when)
*Baggers at the grocery store bag your groceries without giving it any thought. Part of my minor OCD self enjoys grouping things on the conveyer belt. I usually make the following basic groups...boxes, canned goods, cold items, frozen items, veggies/fruits and breads/eggs. I'm pretty sure it doesn't get much simpler than that. Imagine my annoyance when I find my bread sitting on top of my frozen chicken or the bag falls apart because someone thought a plastic bag could cary 5 cartons of ice cream (not for me...for work!). Let's have a little common sense, Mr. Bagger man (or woman).
*Cars don't pull forward in a drive-thru. I noticed this the other day while sitting in the Starbucks drive-thru. I know...the ultimate laziness...but seriously, you can't expect me to get out of my car when I haven't had my coffee yet! Anywho...our Starbucks gets extremely crowded and often the drive-thru has the potential to back up onto the road. I'm a firm believer that if you get into the drive-thru line you automatically take on a drive-thru responsibility. And your number one responsibility? PAYING ATTENTION and pulling forward. Let's face it, most of us are in a lazy hurry and your inability to stay focused on the car in front of you doesn't help out.
*People get on the elevator before you get off the elavator. I know...you would think this one would be common sense too, but I guess there's too many dense people out there. You can't possibly think you can cram yourself onto a full elavotor without letting off a few people first. I'll also put the inability of people to stand back and let people off into this category. Nothing annoys me more than having someone in your face the minute the elavator doors open...well other than them trying to get on while I'm still standing there.
*I'm reading an article in a magizine and I get through the first page and then it tells me to continue to another page...50 pages away. Is it really so hard when publishing a magazine to keep the stories together? I understand you have to through in an ad or too...but seriously.
***this one will never be fixed but still annoys me just the same***....The fact that commercials are ten times louder than the show you're watching. If we're all deaf by the time we make it to a nursing home it won't be because of our iPods...it'll be because the damn commercials were too loud.
I'm sure I've got more, but that seems like enough complaining for now.
I do the same thing at the grocery store when checking out. Thought I was the only one!!
ReplyDeleteI am also OCD on how they bag my groceries. I actually thanked a checker the other day for bagging correctly!
ReplyDeleteI know that this is an old post, but I'm just catching up with your blog. When I check out at the grocery store, I have a whole plan. I unpack my cart in the way I want them to bag it. I put all the meat together, all the veggies together, all the dairy together, and so on. That way when I get home, I can pick up the bags that have thins for the refrigerator or freezer. I have a plan, and I hate when they mess with it! I'm right there with you.
ReplyDelete