Friday, October 29, 2010

Quick update

     Not really in the writing mood tonight.  Honestly, I'm super super drained.  Work was exhausting this week.  I usually do both crossword puzzles and the sudoku puzzle out of the paper every morning.  I was so busy this week that I never got around to Tuesday-Friday's paper.   Not only busy, but it was emotional, too.
    
      I work as a Recreation Therapist.  In my department we have a Recreation Therapy manager, another Recreation Therapist, a Music Therapist and a Recreation Aide.  Needless to say with such a small group, we are all close.  One of my co-workers husband's went in last weekend to patient first because he was a little under the weather.  They diagnosed him with pnuemonia but told him to follow up with his pcp.  On Monday, after meeting with his pcp and reviewing his chest x-rays they diagnosed him with lung cancer.  He's 49 and has never smoked a day in his life.  Yesterday our co-worker came in saying they were doing more in depth tests to see if it could possibly be Hodgkins lymphoma.  I've never cried along with a co-worker so much. 

      This morning...after throwing a huge Halloween bash she got a call from her husband who was crying.   Turns out it's just a really, really serious case of pnuemonia.  We are all soooo overjoyed.  I can't imagine going from thinking your husband has a terminal disease to learning it's just a bad infection.  How absolutely amazing. 

       I baked 72 cupcakes for our Halloween party at work today.  My residents loved it although they'll forget it by the time I get back to work on Monday. 

       Tomorrow I get to bake 72 more cupcakes for my maid of honor's daughter's first birthday/Halloween party.  I'm really excited to make those cupcakes.  I'm going to attempt to make these...


     If you see pictures you'll know I succeeded. 

     DH and I just finished carving our pumpkins.   It's finally cool and crisp outside and with football on in the background it was a perfect fall Friday night.  Check out my pumpkin. 

     Not to bad if I say so myself.  I am a Disney Lover after all!

     Happy official end to ICLW.  See ya next month!

1 comment: