Saturday, May 1, 2010

Blessed

It was an absolutely beautiful day here. It was in the 80's, not much humidity and a mild breeze. Perfect for gardening. What made it even more perfect was my two youngest cousins helped me plant my garden. They're visiting from PA this weekend and since I don't get to see them very often, I relish the time I have with them. I met up with them at my 12 year old sister's softball game. Then I offered to take them with me to pick out the vegetables. Carseats were transferred and off we went. My van finally had carseats in it! My 3 yr. old cousin and 4 yr. old cousin talked up a storm! They picked corn, cucumbers, tomatos, green peppers, squash and canteloupe for this years garden. I treated them to a lunch of McDonald's. Hey, they're not my kids! ;) And out we went to 'dig in the dirt'. They were actually pretty productive. The 3 yr. old got a little bored so I took him inside to watch some TV and relax. When I came back outside, the 4 yr. old had planted the corn. We'll see what grows! My aunt and grandma came over to pick up the boys, but we decided a visit to Kohl's was necessary. The boys opted to ride with me. Next off, we had to go to the grocery store because it was decided dinner would be an impromptu cookout at my house. So the 4 yr. old went with me and the 3 yr. old chose to go with his mom. (Evidently he had a break down once he realized his brother and I had actually gone away). My 4 yr. old cousin helped me get ready for the cookout. What a wonderful help his was. When my husband finally got home from work at 5:30, he played the Wii with my cousin. How my heart melts when I watch them interact! My entire family came over for dinner. When I say entire I mean...2 aunts, and uncle, 4 cousins, 2 grandparents, 2 parents, 2 sisters and a friend. On this warm night, at my house, surrounded by family and my husband cooking the most delicious burgers on the grill, my heart was filled with love. I rinsed sippy cups in my sink, wiped dirty little faces, answered silly questions, giggled at silly things and craved to have my own children....

Then the meltdowns started, I realized how tired I was, reality set-in...and I remembered that I could give the kids back and sleep in tomorrow morning! How blessed I am to be able to appreciate the positives!

1 comment:

  1. you are BLESSED and soooo right. Sometimes in my chaotic life I sit back and wish a good fairy would put the boys to bed and I could just lay down and sleep off the WHOLE DAY.

    I teared up reading your post, because I know that you WILL have this someday, your own sippy cups, your own dirty faces and when you do...I will tear up then too, for the miracle you waited for to come true.

    ReplyDelete