Monday, January 16, 2017

2017

I'd like to say Happy Anniversary, but this month marks an anniversary that I wish we didn't have. January 2017 officially closes out our 9th year of trying to conceive. 

I re-read the last post I wrote on here back in September and I slammed the door to advanced reproductive technology pretty forcefully.

It's a door I can promise you we will never open again.
Unless we win the lottery and someone says here's some adopted embryos and a surrogate and then we'd be like...well, yeah, duh, we're in. 

But that won't happen, so the door shall remain shut.

4 months after writing that post and we're as confident as ever about that decision.

See, life flows on. Rapidly.
The years pass by.
I'm not telling you anything new.

And Paul and I continue to make the daily decision to spend time in the present and focusing on the future and not dwelling in the past.

We expect life's random sucker punches...it does however suck that they're random. The amount some of those punches knock us off our axis can be quite dramatic, but luckily the punches are very few and very far between these days.  We've developed a thick skin in response to this whole infertility thing.

I am still puzzled by the amount of people who've yet to grasp that we can not only be okay with our reality, but actually embracing it and enjoying it.

I can't reiterate enough how freeing it is to not be focusing on the how's & when's & finances of using ART.

We've got some big plans for 2017.

I'm so excited for the year, y'all, I can hardly stand it.

So cheers to the new year.
Cheers to putting our 9 years of ART adventures into a box and sticking it on the top shelf in the closet and (kind of) forgetting about it.
Cheers to new adventures.

And most importantly, cheers to our next ten years of marriage.
The best is yet to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment